I have a great passion for dogs, and really any pet that brings people happiness. I have two Boston Terriers, Rambo and Roxie. They are such a joy and have great personalities. While I never grew up having dogs, I loved the idea of them and the second I moved out on my own, I got Rambo. Nine months after that, I got Roxie and it’s been so much fun.
People ask me why I chose Boston Terriers, and I tell them that I actually spent a good amount of time researching breeds to come to the conclusion. I didn't want to end up with something that I didn't have the time or money to take care of, nor did I want to have a dog that I wouldn't be able to keep long-term. Owning a dogs is a commitment. One of the main factors in my decision was temperament. Boston Terriers are intelligent dogs that are easy to train. They are very loyal to their owners, and as long as the owner is assertive, they will listen very well. Another appealing factor was the minimal grooming required. Many people don't realize the true cost of a dog (to be addressed in another post) and grooming can get costly. Boston Terriers have a short coat with minimal shedding. The only grooming they really need is bathing, nail trimming, and ear cleaning. All of these I can do at home with minimal effort. Boston Terriers are between 10-25 pounds and require only moderate amounts of exercise. When I first got my dogs, I was living in an apartment so this was a good choice. These dogs are very good with children as well. Although I don't have any kids at the moment, I know that the dogs will still be here when I start a family and that is important to be able to keep the dogs around. Boston Terriers have a life expectancy of 15 years or more!
If you're thinking about getting a dog, Dog Breed Info was a great website that helped me in my search. They have every breed available that I could think up and have information regarding size, temperament, health problems, grooming, origin, life expectancy, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment